Thursday, November 17, 2011

Seven QUICK Takes

I'm writing these on Thursday night.

1. WE HAVE AN APARTMENT! I'm driving down to the Big City tomorrow so Scott and I can sign paperwork and stuff.

2. Which means I have to pack up all my stuff. I HAVE WAY TOO MUCH STUFF. By my senior year of college I had it down to where I could fit a semester's worth of necessities into my Malibu. So it's rather shocking that I have...a lot more stuff than that.

3. I'm also spending part of today (Thursday) and tomorrow (Friday) babysitting for a friend who's having a scheduled C-section. She had bloodwork today and has the actual C-section tomorrow. Pray for her if you think of it. (It's her fourth child and I think her third C-section.)

4. I'm trying to make a grocery list so when I'm down in the city I can buy food so Scott and I don't crash and burn right out of the starting gate in terms of our grocery budget. (If we ate out half a dozen times that would pretty much kill things. I guess you could argue that we can use up our entire November budget in the first week and then start on the December budget, but...I'd rather not.)

5. I'm still valiantly attempting to do NaNoWriMo, but falling rather behind the 2,000 words per day necessary for me to be done before the wedding. Woe.

6. While all this is going on, I am also still trying to pull together final wedding details. Of which there are legion.

7. Today is my birthday. I am 22. Is that like a real grown-up? If so, do I still have time to change my mind?

I wrote this post in seven minutes. Go me. I'll link up with Jen tomorrow.

3 comments:

Liza Jane said...

Just so you know, we happen to have an over stuffed with things that neither of us like (or, things that one of us likes, but we could never imagine eating it often enough to clear it from our pantry in less than 3 years...

I have to talk with James about specifics, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind you raiding some of our excess pantry items. I can tell you this though, definitely, prepare for refried beans and corn.

The Sojourner said...

I don't eat refried beans or canned corn. *g* (I'm assuming you mean canned corn and not frozen, since you're talking pantry.) (I'd be afraid of offending you by saying that, but obviously you either share my opinion or are used to James voicing his.) Scott eats refried beans, though.

Liza Jane said...

Well, whatever, it gives you guys a good reason to come over (and make fun of how messy the apartment is...)