Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pumpkin Muffins

Shamelessly adapted from this recipe.

1 2/3 cups
all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon
baking soda
1 teaspoon
ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon
salt
1/2 teaspoon
baking powder
1/2 teaspoon
ground nutmeg
2 eggs
1 cup
canned pumpkin
1/2 cup
water
1/2 cup canola oil

1. Throw together all of the dry ingredients. Stir them up.
2. Throw the wet ingredients on top. Stir again.
3. Put in greased muffin tins. Makes 18 good-sized muffins or 24 puny muffins. (I usually double the recipe and make 24 regular muffins and 24 mini muffins.)
4. Bake at 400 for maybe 15-20 minutes. (I have not yet refined this precisely. Also, watch them 'cause they burn fast.)
N.B. If you take a pumpkin and puree it up yourself rather than buying canned pumpkin, use 1 1/2 cups of this puree instead of the 1 cup canned pumpkin and 1/2 cup water.
N.B. Part Two: If you don't have nutmeg you can do a little more cinnamon, but I think nutmeg adds something essential. I do not think cloves add anything essential, which is why I don't use them.

3 comments:

Scott said...

What happened to Scatterbrained Chef? Did it get taken by an unfriendly merger with Frank's Ever-Higher Cooking?

The Sojourner said...

Those are meant to be funny more than useful. Now, though, I'm putting up recipes more for my own reference than anything else and I need to be able to read them quickly rather than having to skim a wall o' text.

Scott said...

The Wall o' Text (r) is unavailable for comment, but its legal department wishes to file a complaint against discrimination.