Tuesday, May 22, 2012

In which I find out that my husband knows how to meal plan

Part 1: It's the end of the month, which means that meals are not "Whatever you feel like eating" but "Whatever you can make with the things that are left in the kitchen, plus maybe one or two cheap additions."

I came up with chicken noodle soup (only need to purchase egg noodles) and spaghetti with meatballs (only need to purchase tomato sauce). I wasn't feeling inspired for the third meal, though. Scott took one look at the email in which I explain it all and said, "Hamburgers?"

We have everything we need to make hamburgers on hand already.

Part 2: I am making ham and bean soup tomorrow, and was dithering aloud about how I had to simmer the hambone all day AND boil potatoes AND cook beans and I only have two large pots.

Scott: "Can any of those things be cooked in the crockpot?"

Yes, actually. The ham can simmer perfectly well in the crockpot.

Apparently at some point in the last 6 months my husband magically osmosed the ability to plan meals.

I'll take it. I need all the help I can get.

No comments: