Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Rosemary Pork

Adapted from a recipe my mom uses, which is itself adapted from...somewhere else. I'm not even sure.

Ingredients:
2 to 2 1/2 pound pork roast
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tsp garlic powder

1. Put the pork roast in a crockpot or stockpot.

2. Drizzle the olive oil artfully over the pork. Sprinkle the various spices artfully over the pork. No, really, this works better than just dumping them in piles on top.

3. If you are using a crockpot, set it to "high" for approximately 4 hours.

If you are using a stockpot, put it in the oven at 300 degrees for approximately 4 hours. (My pots are oven safe to 350. Don't melt your pots and blame me.) 

You know it is done when the pork is whitish instead of dark pink. Use your brain and eyeballs.

4. I generally serve this with garlic butter rice (I don't think I've ever posted that recipe; I will soon) and green beans and bacon. (You can never have too much dead pig.) It goes well with just about anything, however.

No comments: