Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Chicken alfredo

This recipe is a bit of a cop-out since the interesting part will be over on a different page, but I never said I was writing this blog to be interesting.

1. Cook and chop chicken. I put mine in the oven at 300 degrees for 2 hours and then chop it up once it cools a bit, but there are many ways to accomplish the same task.

2. Put water on to boil for pasta. We usually use macaroni noodles because macaroni comes in 2-pound boxes and we don't make mac 'n' cheese that often.

3. Cook alfredo sauce according to this recipe. I'd just copy that recipe here, but, you know, copyright infringment and all. The only difference is that I use 3/4 cup of Parmesan. Maybe that's not even a difference; I have no idea how to measure "6 ounces" of Parmesan.

You probably don't actually save money making this instead of buying jarred alfredo sauce, but you get to feel self-righteous about your awesome homemade food, which is what counts, right?


1 comment:

jen said...

6 oz. = 3/4 cup.