Monday, July 23, 2012

July grocery shopping and menu planning Part 2

Most of these groceries were bought on Thursday, July 12; it's been a really busy couple of weeks.


Powdered sugar: $1.29 at Aldi? I can't find the receipt, so I'm not sure. I bought this sugar on Monday, July 9 because I was making a cake for a picnic and the frosting needed more sugar than I expected.


Milk: $1.69 at Aldi.

Orange juice: $1.29 at Aldi.

Lunch meat: $3.29 at Aldi.

Sliced cheese: $1.99 at Aldi.

Shredded cheese: 2 lbs. for $5.98 at Aldi.

Ice cream: $4.99 at Aldi.

Eggs: 4 dozen for $5 at Kroger. It's bad when that's the best deal you can find.

Carrots: $1.29 at Aldi.

Apples: $2.99 at Aldi.

Sausage: $2.29 at Aldi.

Bread: $1.29 at Aldi.

Celery: 99 cents at Aldi.

Green beans: $2.19 at Meijer.

Tortilla chips: $1.19 at Aldi.

Chicken bouillon: $1.69 at Aldi. (I seem to recall that it is usually much more in the 1.29 range.)

Baking powder: 99 cents at Meijer. (I had baking powder on my Aldi list because it's usually cheaper there, but I happened to go to Meijer first and snapped that baking powder up as soon as I saw the price tag.)

Pickles: $1.19 at Aldi.

Diced tomatoes: 2 cans for $1.18 at Aldi.

Olive oil: $2.99 at Aldi.

Cornstarch: $1.23 at Meijer.

Marshmallows: 99 cents at Aldi.

Beans: $1.50 at Meijer.

Rice: 96 cents at Meijer.

Total: 50.47


Month-to-date: 148.94


Meal plan:

Breakfast: Sausage egg muffins / Leftovers
Lunch: Lunch meat sandwiches, apples or carrots, apple cinnamon muffins / leftovers
Dinner: Leftover pizza (Friday), Family reunion picnic (Saturday), TBS (Sunday), Rosemary pork, green beans and bacon, potatoes (Monday), Chicken noodle soup (Wednesday)

Meal reality:

Breakfast: Sausage cheddar biscuits (from my mom) / Sausage egg muffins / Leftovers
Lunch: Lunch meat sandwiches, apples or carrots, potato chips (from my uncle) / leftovers
Dinner: Leftover pizza (Friday), Family reunion picnic (Saturday), Free food from my mom (Sunday), TBS (Monday), Chicken noodle soup (Wednesday).

I am cooking that pork finally as I type this. I should go start on the green beans.

No comments: