Monday, August 13, 2012

August grocery shopping parts 1 and 2

The first three pictures are from an Aldi trip on August 1. I had to go to Joann's to buy thread for my sister's tote bag and since we didn't have enough stuff to make anything for dinner I made a "quick stop" at Aldi. ("The Other Aldi", as I call it, is right next to Joann's.)




On August 3, the day after my sister got her tote bag, I went out again: To Meijer for chicken, applesauce, dishwasher soap, and laundry quarters (there's a bank in the store); to GFS for beef and those sponges with the green scrubby side; and to Kroger for vegetable boullion. (It seems ridiculous to go to a store and buy only one thing, but it was on the way back from the other stores at least.)



Total Week 1: $84.65

The next three pictures are from a combined Aldi/Meijer trip on August 9. I'm surprised by how few groceries there are; I wasn't feeling well that day so the trip seemed much more difficult and time-consuming than usual. (Side note: The eggs weren't on sale or anything; I just needed a lot of them.)




Total Week 2: $56.69

Month-to-date: $141.34

I'm actually lower than I was last month at this point, which I'll take as a sign that I'm at least not hopelessly off track. (I feel like I haven't been staying on top of stuff with all the busy-ness and being sick, but apparently I have this down to a science.)

3 comments:

Liza Jane said...

Props for the unsweetened applesauce. I've only recently discovered that not only is it 1 billion times better for you, it actually TASTES better because it tastes like APPLES (go figure)!

Liza Jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Sojourner said...

My mother always got that kind; I can't eat sweetened applesauce. (Well, I probably could if I was starving, but I don't like it.) So it's hardly a virtue on my part. :)