Friday, September 7, 2012

August grocery shopping Part 4

Finally getting around to posting about groceries again. (I'm sure you're all thrilled.) These groceries were purchased Thursday, August 23.


Eggs: 2 dozen for $2.30 at Aldi. (Walgreens was still out of eggs.)

Bread: $1.29 at Aldi.

Shredded mozzarella: $2.99 at Aldi.

Sliced cheese: $1.99 at Aldi.

Lunch meat: $3.29 at Aldi.

Sausage: 2 pounds for $4 at Meijer.


Pasta: 10 pounds for $4.90 at Kroger. (It was a buy 10 get $5 off sale.)

Cream of mushroom soup: 69 cents at Aldi.

Tomato paste: 3 cans for 1.17 at Aldi. (Tomato paste is cheaper than tomato sauce if you consider the fact that you're adding water to it to make more than 6 ounces. But I didn't like it; I went back to tomato sauce the next week.)


Here's a bonus shot of 7 boxes of pasta in my hall closet (the other 3 are in the "pantry"). I feel like I reached some kind of frugal milestone, storing food in non-kitchen areas.

Total: 22.62

Total for August: 198.58

Grocery > Other: 12.74

Total Grocery > Other for August: 46.35 (Hooray for me!)

No comments: