My life is boring, and today is my baby brother's first birthday, so I am going to do something different.
1. Very late November/very early December 2011: Being held by Mom in the NICU. When he was born he weighed 3 pounds, 15 ounces and was 17 inches long.
2. January 2012: Matthew says, "You're not going to post these pictures on Facebook, are you?" Mom does, but crops them for modesty.
3. February 2012: Matthew learns how to smile and in general becomes more interesting. I stop getting accused of heresy for calling him "Cute but boring."
4. March 2012: My family comes to visit and we go to the children's museum. Matthew sleeps through the whole adventure but wakes up for the photo op. (This might be the only picture of all six of us together. This will have to be remedied.)
5. April 2012: Matthew actually loves swings, but hates hats and hoods with a burning passion.
6. May 2012: Matthew discovers dogs. (At our uncle's house.)
7. June 2012: Matthew is far too cool for King's Island. (He kept putting his leg like that on purpose, promise.)
8. July 2012: Matthew apparently doesn't do anything cute. I will have to hound my mother for a picture to complete my collection.
UPDATED TO ADD: The dearth of photos apparently occurred because they were busy taking videos...July was the month in which Matthew learned to dance.
9. August 2012: Matthew is not amused by being dressed up and posed like a little doll. Also, he pulls himself up for the first time, but that picture is blurry.
10. September 2012: Matthew stands up long enough for people to get non-blurry pictures. He also wears awesome polo shirts and coordinating pants and has the best elbow dimples ever.
11. October 2012: Matthew dresses up as a panda for his first Halloween.
12. November 2012: Matthew is 1 year old. He has curly brown hair and bluish gray eyes. At his last checkup (at the end of October), he weighed 21.5 pounds (more than five times his birthweight!) and was 31.5 inches long. I don't know the percentiles, but I think that means he's tall and skinny. He has 6 teeth, can say a few words ("Kitty!" and "Yum" being his favorites), crawls REALLY REALLY FAST, and can stand while nonchalantly resting one hand on the wall. One of these days he'll take off running, I'm sure.
We never knew just how incomplete our family was until you were in it, little brother. We love you and happy birthday!
Visit Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes!