Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Lemon-Dill Chicken

This is a recipe I pretty much made up myself.

Ingredients:
About 2 pounds chicken
1 stick butter
1 fresh lemon
Dill weed

1. Cut chicken into medium-sized pieces; spread evenly in some kind of oven-safe pan.

2. Cut butter into thin slices and layer over chicken.

3. Zest and juice lemon; spread evenly over chicken and butter.

4. Scatter dill weed over all.

5. Cook in 300 degree oven for about 1 hour and 40 minutes. (Probably less if you thaw your chicken out ahead of time. Or preheat your oven.)

I imagine that this would go really well with rice or something, but I didn't feel like cooking rice so we just ate the chicken. It was delicious.

2 comments:

Lady W said...

This looks tasty, especially the dill... I can just imagine how good it smells. I will have to try it and risk the "Why is there GRASS in my food???" reaction. :D

The Sojourner said...

Not to mention the funny yellow flecks. :)