Monday, July 22, 2013

Conversations with my husband

"I need my cape!"

(Said as he swept our fuzzy blanket off the back of the chair and wrapped it around his shoulders.)

******

"Why are you eating your half of the bacon before I put it in your omelette?"

"How do you know only half of the bacon is mine? Maybe three-quarters is mine."

"Why would three-quarters of the bacon be yours?"

"Because there are two of me?"

"There's only one of you. Besides, there'd have to be three of you for three-quarters of the bacon to be yours."

"Fine then. Two-thirds of the bacon."

4 comments:

Becky D. said...

I laughed so hard about the bacon and the math. I had already told Dad your ice cream comment to Scott Saturday. I shared my leftover Ben and Jerry's with my dear husband and remarked that Scott was not likely to get any of yours.

The Sojourner said...

What did I say about the ice cream on Saturday? I forget.

Becky D. said...

You were getting a little more of YOUR ice cream and Scott made a comment of we have ice cream and you said something along the lines no I have ice cream. I had to hold in the snicker.

The Sojourner said...

In my defense, he had JUST finished a bunch of sherbet that I bought especially for him. It's not like he never gets special ice cream.