Friday, April 4, 2014

Seven Quick Takes: Running over



Tad has definitely entered his Baby Velociraptor phase. If you don't know what that is, you have lucky ears. It's adorable, but I seriously need to stop holding him with his head right next to my ear.


My total grocery spending for March was about $205. I am quite pleased. (This includes non-food household items but not OTC medications. It does not include all the stuff I get through WIC, which is why it's 200-ish and not 250- or 300-ish.)


Last weekend, every living descendant of my maternal grandparents managed to be in the same room--13 of us, plus 4 in-laws. My mother's side of the family is not terribly prolific.

Funny story: We were asking my 18-year-old cousin about her college plans and she was saying she wanted to go into nursing. My 7-year-old sister exclaimed, "You're going to have a baby!?" and we were quick to say, "No, not THAT kind of nursing." And then everybody laughed and Teresa sulked because she didn't get what was so funny.


At one point my aunt was asking about Tad's habits and preferences and ended up saying that he sounded like a pretty normal baby. I said, "Well, we think he's the cutest and smartest baby to ever grace the planet." She replied, "I think every baby deserves to have somebody think they're the cutest and the smartest for a while." I thought that was a really sweet sentiment.


I must have sufficiently culled my Facebook friends list, because I didn't see a single annoying April Fool's Day status this year. That holiday just drives me nuts. I don't have the right temperament for pranks or something.

A bit of nostalgia: Last year on April 1, I took a second pregnancy test because I apparently didn't believe the one I'd taken the previous morning. It was positive, of course, but then I started spotting an hour later. The day ended up being a big ball of stress and phone calls and getting bloodwork done.

Fortunately, the whole positive pregnancy test thing didn't end up being a cosmic April Fool's Day joke.



While we're being nostalgic, today marks 6 years since Scott informed me that his list of reasons for not dating me was flawed. He's super romantic that way. :)


The other day I was over on Margaret's blog and came across this quote:

"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” (Luke 6:38)

The baby was sleeping in my lap when I read it. I cried.

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

1 comment:

Melanie Bettinelli said...

#4. I agree. I always say each of my babies is the most beautiful, splendid, smartest baby in the world. I tell them repeatedly. All five of them.

#5 I think Scott and I are about on the same page romance-wise.

#6 That's beautiful. I teared up.