Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Tad's fall wardrobe

When I last went to my parents' house, my mom let me go through a bunch of Matthew's old clothes that she was going to yard sale if I didn't want them. So, here is Tad's fall wardrobe thus far:


First we have the church clothes. The two blue shirts were among my thrift store finds from late February and I am still madly in love with them. So pretty! The other shirt and one of the sets of pants were given to us by some college friends as a new-baby gift. 


Next we have a polo with a bulldozer paired with some navy pants; a shirt with a dinosaur on it paired with sweatpants; and a non-outfit consisting of a Lion King shirt and khaki shorts. I might send the khaki shorts along to my mother's yard sale after all and get some jeans.


Pictured here is a romper which I also might not keep; it's more summerweight and I don't really like rompers anyway. I don't know why, I just don't. Next to it we have a panda Halloween costume which is definitely a keeper. I must figure out where we can go for trick-or-treating.


Now we move on to pajamas, of which there are four sets: Airplanes, generic racecars, Lightning McQueen, and Buzz Lightyear. Only the airplanes have feet, which is very sad. My mother has this bizarre prejudice against footed pajamas.


Lastly, from left to right: A jacket, a coat, and an insert for said coat. So, we're covered for every weather condition from Mildly Chilly to Polar Vortex.
Below those are two pairs of shoes, one for play and one for church.


To-buy list: Jeans, maybe a t-shirt or two, footed pajamas. (He also needs socks to go with those shoes but I think Matthew has a lot of socks buried somewhere.)

3 comments:

Becky D. said...

Also I should have hats/mittens etc for the coat and don't buy socks unless you want super duper white new looking ones. I honestly think I have more stuff in the attic.

Melanie Bettinelli said...

Your prejudice against rompers is funny as your mothers against footy pajamas. I find both useful. Though often things that I like and don't like ends up not mattering so much as what the child himself likes. Not so much at Tad's age as later none of my olde kids can sleep in footy pajamas now. They love the idea of them but inevitably wake up overheated in the middle of the night.

The Sojourner said...

The whole reason Mom doesn't like footie pajamas is because she can't stand having things on her feet while she sleeps, and she apparently projects that onto babies.