Sunday, June 8, 2014

Teresa gems

The other day my mother called me to tell me that Dwija had her baby. I talked to Teresa while I was on the phone and she told me all about how she had two worksheets left to go and then she would get to go to McDonalds for ice cream and eat inside and get a Happy Meal and then she'd be a second grader and on the first day of second grade she would get donuts and then it would be time for First Communion.

*******

She had to do standardized testing this week (it's part of Ohio's rather complicated homeschool law), and one of the questions tested her ability to read a calendar. The question was something like, "If Johnny and Suzy are going to the fair on June 14, what day of the week are they going on?" Teresa didn't even look at the calendar accompanying the question; she put Saturday because of course they're going to the fair on Saturday; that's when Dad is off work.

*******

Earlier today she asked Mom for a notebook and then sat down at the table and started writing stuff in it. She calls it her "blog." Mom thinks it's hilarious that she knows the word "blog" and not "journal" or "diary."

1 comment:

Nora Roisin said...

I wonder what other words will be replaced by something internetty, or just modern. :o