Monday, September 1, 2014

New month's resolution: September

Credit: I originally got the idea of new month's resolutions from Michelle Reitemeyer, back when her blog had a different name.

I have decided that I am tired of trying to reform my entire life every Lent (and then slipping right back into bad habits by the time the Easter octave is over) and also tired of being overweight* and out of shape. You'd think having a 19-lb baby who's obsessed with nursing and being carried everywhere would take care of those problems, but so far it has not. Therefore, I am going to try to implement one small change every month and then actually stick to them in subsequent months. We will see how it goes.

The resolution for September: Drink at least 100 ounces of water every day. This might need to be adjusted if I find it way too much, but this will be a rough goal. I arrived at this figure by dividing my weight in half and then rounding a little--rounding UP, mind you. Plus a quick Google search suggests that breastfeeding women should be drinking about this much in water or other fluids. (About the only other thing I drink is milk, though I do put away rather a lot of that.)

So far today I've drunk about 60 ounces, so not a bad start. I will report back in a week or two or whenever to let you all know how it goes.

(*When I say "overweight" I mean over the weight at which I generally feel decent and healthy. I will probably always be overweight according to the BMI table, and I'm okay with that.)


No comments: