Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Metablogging

Jamie of Light and Momentary posted the other day about blogging like it's 2005.

I didn't blog at all in 2005 but back when this blog first started (in 2007) I certainly blogged a lot more than I do now. It was horrifyingly stupid drivel for the most part, but what does one expect of 18-year-olds?

Anyway, I would like to get back in the habit of posting more than once a month, even if it's just the horrifyingly stupid drivel of a 27-year-old. :p Plus I feel mom guilt that Cat hasn't had nearly as many obsessive documentary posts as her older brother. (She rolled over for the first time last week, little prodigy.)

So here we go.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm still here...

"Horrifyingly stupid drivel" is a very good description of what I used to write. I started my first blog in '04. I think most of my posts were directed in some form at my best friend Patrick. They had so much teasing, private jokes, family jokes, by-name referenees to real people I had no business referring to...quite cringeworthy. I ran out of time to blog, but when I think about getting back to it I just can't imagine I could come up with anything to say that was worth saying to anyone but myself. And I can do that in a notebook journal, you know?